About drumfactorydirect.com, a division of Stratosphere

The latest and up to the minute news for drumfactorydirect is that we have been in our current Pittsburgh location for one year. We moved our entire operation from rural West Virginia to a great little Pittsburgh community - Greenfienld. We are now situated in an old Roman Catholic church on the edge of Schenley Park, right on the bike trail where you can ride or walk 1 mile and be in the happening Oakland area.

We hired a great new team member in October 2012 - Brian Ganch. Brian, a Pittsburgh based drummer, found us looking for parts to finish a snare drum project. He found our drum lugs on the internet via Google and was shocked to find our location to be only 2 miles from his downtown Pittsburgh apartment! We liked him so much we hired him, he has a degree in music from Cincinnati school of music. He is accomplished in drum kit, symphonic percussion, tabla and piano. Currently he is working hard on his personal musical development as well as playing the occasional date with the Johnstown Symphony.

In December 2012 we hired our second new team member - Tim Little. He found our job advertisement on Craig's List applied for the job and was, hands down, the best candidate! Tim comes from a graphic design background and has most recently been interning with A-F records where he was a 'jack of all trades'. He is a keen drummer and has been involved in the local Pittsburgh Indie scene since the late 90's.

We began making African style hand drums in 1989 and made the transition to manufacturing full custom drum kits and snare drums under the name of Global Drum Company in 1997. In 2007 drumfactorydirect.com evolved from our need for an online storefront for our hand crafted drums. This quickly developed into a place for drummers, drum builders and other musicians to purchase competitively priced drum parts as well as essentials like drum heads and sticks. Today drumfactorydiect.com is the largest retail drum parts supplier in the world, having shipped to every State in the US and 65 other countries. We have sold products to: schools, colleges, churches, theatre groups, correctional facilities, symphony orchestras, recording studios, teaching studios, backline companies, drum manufacturers, military bands as well as renowned musicians, performers and recording artists.

Drumfactorydirect.com is a small company which gives us a great advantage in providing excellent customer service. Our office is open to answer your instrument and drum building questions 7 days a week from 10am to 10pm Eastern time. With over 20 years of drum building experience behind us we are more than able to answer any query you may have; and if we don't know - we have a direct line and great working relationships with all of our vendors.

Our mission is to provide our customers with a broad range of high quality products at competitive prices. We generally ship orders the same day or the next day, sometimes we will have to order some items and will ship your order within 3-5 business days. We have a 98% fill rate, the other 2% of the time we might need to order something. There is no minimum purchase required, so if all you need is one screw, that's all you have to buy - at a realistic price!

DW Parts
We are continually adding new products to our already wide inventory. Amongst our more recent additions are DW parts - we now stock all replacement DW parts from pedal part replacement such as chain links to DW drum heads and other hard to find items to keep your prized DW drum set in 'as new' working order.

Adonis Lugs
We have just added the unique line of Adonis snare, tom and bass drum lugs and and are honored to be the exclusive dealer of these high quality American made products.

Back
RSS All Products Feed
Add RSS All Products Feed to Google
Copyright © 2014 drumfactorydirect.com  All Rights Reserved.
drumfactorydirect.com is UpFront